ON THE STREET (OTS) Training:
Open to all Law Enforcement Officers. This five-hour course is comprised of four (4) modules that address the Mission of L.E.A.D. The modules will address Drug Abuse and Prevention, Deterring Drug Related Crimes, Bullying and Violence, and Promoting Law Enforcement Services.
Module 1 covers Psychoactive Substances and helps the officers to understand how prevention programs can reduce the risk of youth using alcohol, tobacco, and other drugs (ATOD). The officer will learn of the importance of social and emotional skills for making healthy choices, building positive friendships, communicating effectively, and resisting peer pressure.
Module 2 shows the officer the relationship between psychoactive substance abuse and crimes in the United States; including its economic impact, legal impact, and the impact on our communities.
Module 3 covers Bullying and Cyberbullying and the effect it has on youth; officers will explore strategies and tips to utilize in preventing it. This module will also illustrate the impact of gangs and gang violence in the U.S.
Module 4 will help the officer understand that community norms are the greatest obstacle to safe and drug free schools. In addition, the officer will be able to identify and explore their role in connecting with community members and the importance of this in raising public awareness for prevention. Lastly officers will learn the importance of establishing a Social Media footprint in their community.
Successful completion of this course will provide the officer with the resources to ensure that their law enforcement agencies have the means to partner with educators, community leaders, and families in their community. And with these partnerships they will create safer, healthier communities free of drugs, bullying, and violence.
One Day Officer Training
On Line (When the user clicks on this it should say Under Construction for now)
On Site (When the user clicks on this it should go to two other tabs 1.- a list of onsite trainings listed near you or 2.- call 609-259-2500 to schedule a training)
What do I receive?
- All participants on site will receive a copy of the training modules and a resource guide and on line participants will be able to download training modules and resource guide.
- Upon completion of the course all Officers will receive a L.E.A.D. Officer Patch, Pin, and Certification.
- All certified L.E.A.D Officers receive the services and resources available through L.E.A.D. including discounted participation in our conference.
- All agencies that certify 75% of their department will receive an Agency Certification for display in Police Headquarters.
How much does it cost?
- The course On Line or Onsite is $50 per Officer.
- Special pricing applies if grants or sponsorships are obtained.